Monday, February 6, 2017

Roommates

For the last year, I have been slowly organizing Kaitlyn's room with the thought that one day the girls would share her room.  Last year, I put three totes under her bed.  At the time, that was enough extra storage.  When it came time to move the rest of the toys out of  Madi's room it become obvious that more storage would be needed.  Within the last couple months,  I have added a book shelf, a cube storage  (to the closet), and an extra tote under the in hopes of containing all of their toys.  So far so good.  I even have extra space in their desk for future storage needs.  In the process, I managed to come up with a large trash bag full of stuff to donate and so did the girls.  I am very proud of them for willing giving away some of their things.

For Christmas this year, both of the girls got new sheets for their beds.  They were already exited to be switching beds, but this was the icing on the cake.  Kaitlyn had been wanting to sleep on the top bunk for a months and Madi always wanted to sleep in Kaitlyn's bed (bottoms bunk).

The girls have been sharing a room for a little over a month.  I was a little nervous about how this would go.  I was (an still am) concerned about one keeping the other awake.  For the most part, this hasn't been too big of an issue.  Katilyn is pretty good about staying in bed and now that her naps are being eliminated she of usually falls right to sleep.  Madi used to be good about bedtime, but for some reason it is now a struggle.  There have been several nights where she is still awake when we go to bed.  I know that it's just a phase because Kaitlyn went through something similar when she was the same age.  I'm just hoping that it gets better before our little boy arrives this summer.

As for the room, it didn't really need any changes.  I'm still pretty happy with how it looks and they seem to like it too.  The only big change (other than the toy and closet issues) was the addition of a gallery wall.  This was something that I had been planning for a long time, but never accomplished.  It's finally complete and I'm very happy with how it turned out.










No comments:

Post a Comment