Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Jack David - 1 Month


Wow!  How has it been a month already?  Maybe it's because it's summer or maybe because we've been crazy busy with house stuff, but this has been one of the fastest months ever.  Jack is the perfect addition to our family and the timeliness of his arrival couldn't have been more perfect.  He allowed his sisters to attend the birthday party of one of their best friends and made Father's Day extra special Daddy and his Papa's.

Weight: I'm guessing that he's around 9 pounds.  He was 8 pounds, 4.6 ounces at his last check up (18 days new).

Sleeping: He usually takes two four hour naps and several smaller ones throughout the day.  Nighttime sleep depends on how much he sleeps during the day.  He typically will sleep 3-4 hours night.

Eating:  Jack is still nursing on demand.  Sometimes it's every two hours and sometimes it's four.  It's not uncommon from him to want to nurse every hour in the evening.

Clothing: Newborn, but probably not for long.  Several sleepers are already too small.

Diapers: Size 1 because we recently ran out of newborn.

Likes: Being held and nursing

Dislikes: Being hungry, tummy troubles, and spitting up.  We're dealing with pretty bad reflux just like we did with Madi.  He seems to be happier since starting medicine (ranitidine), but still spits up a lot.  Hopefully, it only lasts a few months.

The Parents: We're tired!  David is still off work and will be for three more weeks so he can catch up a little in the mornings.  Daycare started up when Jack was two weeks old.  I hired a teenager to help me for the next two weeks, but it still required me to get up .at 6am to make sure that everything was ready for the day.  Occasionally, I took a nap during those two weeks.  As of yesterday, I am officially on my own.  
Last week, I battled with a clogged milk duct. It was terrible.  That was the first (and hopefully the last) time I've ever had one.  I kept thinking that it was going to turn into mastitis.  I consider myself very lucky than I have never had an issue with this before.

The Sisters:  They are obsessed with him.  They are constantly giving him hugs and kisses, which look  more like they're trying to smother him.  They've made me wonder (more than once) how the third child survives their older siblings.  I'm proof that we do live through it.  Madi makes us a little nervous when she is around him.  We have to keep a close eye on her.  I'm sure we'll feel more comfortable about her being around him once he's a little less fragile.   All joking aside, they are great big sisters and are usually willing to help with Jack. 

5 days new


No matter how I put him down, I almost always find him on his side.












Because I love comparison photos: 



No comments:

Post a Comment