Monday, February 20, 2017

5 Months Pregnant with Baby K #3


It's the end of February, but it sure doesn't feel like it.  It feels more like the end of March with these warm temperatures.  You'll won't hear any complaints about around here.  We are enjoying every minute of this weather because we all know that here in Missouri (and Kansas), we could have snow next week.  However, this warm weather makes me realize that Baby #3 will be here sooner than we know it and I still have a lot on my to do list.

How Far Along: 23 weeks

Size of Baby: Grapefruit or two poptarts

Gender: Boy! (Confirmed blood test with ultrasound)  We have a name (I think), but haven't shared it on social media yet.

Weight Gain:  14 pounds and I'm definitely feeling it.  My weight gain with Madi was about the same, but I feel much bigger than I did with either girl at 23 weeks.

Food Cravings: None

Food Aversions: None

Movements:  He moves all the time and his kicks are getting stronger.  Kaitlyn really wants to feel him kick, but she's never patient enough.  He almost always kicks right after she moves her hand.  

Sleep:  Ok.  Definitely not great anymore.  At this point I never make it through the night without needing to pee at least once.  Usually twice.  Then I have a terrible time going back to sleep. I am awake for at least an hour or two every night.  I also been needing an extra pillow for my legs, though its not working very well.  I'm trying to resist buying a pregnancy pillow.

Other Pregnancy Symptoms:  
A long patch of hair on both of my arms has fallen out.  It's really bizarre and I don't know anyone else that who has had it happen.  Of course, I googled it.  I found a few people asking about something similar, but there weren't any concrete answers.  I'll definitely be asking the doctor about it in a couple weeks.

What I Miss: Sleeping through the night.  

Best Moment: The 20 week anatomy scan.  Everything looks great!


Looking Forward To: Spring and getting the nursery painted.




Kaitlyn wants a bump picture too.



No comments:

Post a Comment