Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Happy Heart Day

I'm not sure if it's because I worked at a card store all through high school and college or if it's just too commercialized, but Valentine's Day has never been a big deal to me.  We do celebrate it (David usually does a little more than me), but it's usually very low key.  I typically make some kind of Valentine's dessert and buy a card (though I didn't this), but that's about it.

Valentine's Day 2015
I do, however, love to make it special for my girls and the daycare kiddos.  This year their day started with heart shaped cinnamon rolls.



They had peanut butter and sprinkles sandwiches for lunch



and these yummy treats for snack that Kaitlyn and Madi made last night. 




We also made a Valentine's Day craft and most of the kids brought Valentine's to share with their friends.

I did decorate our house  for the holiday.  Nothing major, just a few simple decorations for our newly painted fireplace, kitchen, and the front door.  All of our decorations are pretty simple and many of them are from my days working at the card store.

Started this last year and finished it this year.
I totally forgot about buying the heart banner last year (Target, of course) and couldn't pass up the XOXO banner when I saw it in the dollar spot this year.  I think they look good together.  


My three Valentine's


No comments:

Post a Comment