Wednesday, January 10, 2018

10 Random Facts about Me - 10 on the 10th

I said in my last post that I want to blog more this year.  One way to encourage that is to participate in monthly link ups with other bloggers.  Today I'm linking up with Erin from Perfectly Port Family and sharing ten random things about me.  This was kind of hard for me, so I'm sorry if you already know these things.  I think it will be fun to see home much I have in common with others.  



1.  I was a band geek.  I started playing the saxophone in fifth grade and played on a scholarship in college.  I loved playing it, but I haven't played it since Kaitlyn was born.  

2.  My favorite part of watching high school or college football is watching the half time show.   I could care less about the actual game.  Once a band geek, always a band geek I guess.  

3.  I can't sleep in.  Even if everyone is still sleeping, I rarely can sleep past 9 am.  My body just won't let me.  Unless I'm sick I usually can't take a nap either.

4.  I am horrible at buying new clothes for myself.  I really want to be trendier than I am, but I have a hard time putting outfits together.  I really need to see the outfit on a mannequin or someone else first.

5.  I can't stand my house being messy.  Unfortunately, everyone else in my house can.  I’m constantly picking things up because I feel like I am a better mom when {almost} everything is picked up.  

6.  I love to read, but haven't read a book in over two years. 

7.  I hate onions so much that if I see one I can't finish my meal.  I have always been this way.  My mom says that I would ask if dinner had onions in it.  If she said yes, then I would tell her that I had a big lunch and wasn't hungry.  I only recently started cooking with them.  

8.  I will not embrace my gray hair. My mom doesn't, so why should I!!

9.  My middle name is Noel, but I was not born close to Christmas.  My sister and brother picked it and Noel was the only thing they could spell. (They got it from a Christmas decoration.). Kaitlyn and I share our middle name and she was born five days before Christmas.

10.  My vision drastically improved with each pregnancy.  I’ve worn glasses since I was 8 and before Kaitlyn I wore a -4.00.  At last appointment (post Jack) my prescription was -2.00.  



2 comments:

  1. I have a sign in my house that says cleaning up while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk while it's still snowing. So don't feel like a better mom when your house is clean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness my vision drastically improved after each pregnancy too! Crazy! I also love to read but find it difficult to sit down and do it. It's probably because I am keeping my house tidy like you, I love a tidy home!

    ReplyDelete