Monday, January 30, 2017

Nursery Inspiration

Now that Madi has moved into Kaitlyn's room, it is time to start setting up the nursery.  I am so excited to be planning a boy nursery.  As soon as we started trying to get pregnant, I began looking for nursery ideas in hopes that baby #3 would be a boy.  There would have been a few minor changes if we were having another girl, but a boy calls for a total nursery makeover.  After 5 1/2 years of purple, blue and gray (or maybe blue and white with hints of black) will be a nice change.  The furniture will be the only thing that stays the same.  


Here are a few of my ideas for our little guys room.


Hello wall hanging | Weathered arrow wall hanging | diy or Hobby Lobby |
Modern Burlap arrow crib sheet and changing pad cover |Wire milk crate 
Abstract Mountain Art baby stats (Etsy or diy) | 
Be Strong and Courageous | Ladies love a gentleman


The walls will be changed from purple to cream and I would kind of like to paint the wall behind the crib blue (I really like this color.).  I am planning to do a gallery wall either above the crib or the changing table.  I'll include his first initial (perhaps this one) somewhere on that wall too.  


My mom bought me this rocking chair right before Kaitlyn was born.  I thought that it would be okay, but it was really uncomfortable.  When Madi was born, I never could find a cushion that I liked that wasn't super expensive.  I'd really like to get a new glider, but I can't quite justify it since this will most likely be our last baby.  Also, I'm not sure if there is space for anything bigger.  So this time I'm going to look harder for a cushion because there is no way that I can use it without one.  I have seen several options on Etsy, so hopefully I can find one that coordinates with his room.


We're reusing our existing nursery furniture.
It kind of feels like I'm a first time mom all over again since I get to plan a new nursery.  So far, I have only made a few impulse purchases for him.  I'm sure that will changes as it gets closer to his due date.  I can't wait to see the transformation of his room.  I promise I will post with the finished product, but it might not happen until after he arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment