Thursday, January 26, 2017

3 Things (January)

I've seen this idea a few times on some of the blogs that I follow and thought it might be fun to do.  We'll see if I'm able to keep this up all year.  January has been a very busy month for our family.  This should have been easy, but I had trouble coming up with three things for each of us.

David
One | Top Coat Cash was officially released on most digital platforms.  The red carpet premiere was a success and we had a great time in LA.  I am proud of all of the hard work that he put into this project.

Two| Even though the film is finished, it is still keeping him super busy.  Marketing is a full time job. Add that to his full time job as a teacher and you get a very busy man.

Three| He really wanted to lose some weight this year.  He did great for the first two weeks (before the premiere) with going to the gym more and eating smaller portions.  Our trip to LA threw him off a little, but he is working hard to get back on track.

Kaitlyn
One| She was so excited to change beds in her room.  She thinks she's hot stuff because she sleeps on the top bunk.

Two| I have been working with her on learning to read.  She's not a big fan of the flash cards for sight words, but they seem to be working.  She can now recognize about 18 words.

Three | Kaitlyn (and Madi) spent a week with her aunt, uncle, and cousin while we were in LA.  Her excitement about staying with them made it much easier to leave her.  She's still talking about it two weeks later.

Madi
One| Her personality has really started to blossom.  She is extremely intelligent (her doctor agrees), but with that comes stubbornness.  I love and hate this quality.  I've read that strong willed children grow up to be very successful adults.  I hope we can make it through this stage of life to find out. (JK.   I know we'll survive.)

Two| She is so excited to be sharing a room with Kaitlyn.  Unfortunately, this has made bedtime struggles worse.  Often she is still awake when we go to bed at 10 or 10:30.  It's also keeping Kaitlyn up later, which makes for rough mornings for preschool.

Three| It has taken a few months (like 3 or 4), but Madi is finally excited about dance.  For the first few months she would go into the room, but wouldn't dance the first half of class.  I have really enjoyed watching her excitement about learning their recital dances grow.

Hannah
One | I feel like I'm entering the uncomfortable part of pregnancy early.  At least this last week has been.  I'm trying my best not to complain too much, especially since I know several who would love to be in my position.

Two| I have been on a purging and organizing kick.  It started when we decided to move Madi into Kaitlyn's room and has continued throughout the house.  Knowing that this is most likely my last baby, I've been feeling the urge to get to rid of stuff.  I really love the way the house looks without all the clutter.

Three| I really want to grow my blog.  Now that the holidays and the red carpet premiere are over, I hope I can continue to come up with ideas for blog posts (and actually get them written).

No comments:

Post a Comment