Saturday, June 17, 2017

9 Months Pregnant with Baby K #3

If you had asked me two weeks ago, I would have told you that I didn't think I would make it to my due date.  My doctor had me convinced at my 37 week checkup that since my blood pressure was up and I was already dilated 3 cm and 75% effaced that I would deliver early.  Things changed a little at my 38 week appointment.  My blood pressure was back to normal and there was little change in cervix.  He also didn't think there would be until I went into labor.  He did offer to induce after 39 weeks, but I really don't want to be induced.  I've heard that labor is easier without pitocin (I needed it with my previous labors) and am hoping that I can avoid needing it.  So for now, I'm going to try to take my mind off of labor and enjoy these last few days of my last pregnancy.

How Far Along: 39 weeks, 5 days

Size of Baby: Watermelon 

Gender: Boy

Weight Gain: 26 pounds

Food Cravings:  None

Food Aversions: Nothing that I know of, but I haven't been brave (or stupid) enough to try mushrooms again.

Movements: He still moves a lot, but not as much as he used to and most of them are uncomfortable. There's just not enough room.

Sleep:  Horrible.  I'm up almost every hour due to pain or discomfort.  I just can't get comfortable when I'm laying down.

Other Pregnancy Symptoms:  My legs are sore a lot and the varicose veins are getting worse.  I'm hoping that they'll go down a little once I'm not carrying as much weight.   I had a few leg cramps too.  I've also pain in my groin and pelvic area.

What I Miss: Sleeping through the night and my energy

Best Moments: Getting to see the girls dance at their dress rehearsal and at their recital.  They were adorable in their costumes!  Kaitlyn absolutely loves to be on stage.  It was  It This was Madi's first time and she thought it was pretty awesome too!  They were both excited to get a trophy.
It was also great to see my sister, Sarah, and nephew, Ethan.  I hadn't seen them since Christmas.
I was also pretty excited to get our maternity pictures back. They are sooo good and we actually got a family photo with Madi looking some what happy.  (She didn't want to smile for any of them.)











No comments:

Post a Comment