Monday, March 20, 2017

6 Months Pregnant with Baby K #3


They love him so much already!

It's hard to believe that today is the first day of spring and David's spring break.  Even though I am no longer in school, my year is still measured by semesters (I blame it on being a teacher's wife and daughter).  It always feels like the rest of the school year flies by once spring break is over.  I have a feeling that the remainder of this pregnancy will go the same way.  I really need to get my act in gear and start working on Baby K's room.  I have lots of ideas in my head, I just need to make them happen.

How Far Along: 27 weeks

Size of Baby: A yellow turnip (I've never seen one, so I'm not sure I believe if I believe this or not.)

Gender: Boy! 

Weight Gain: I haven't stepped on a scale since my doctor's appointment two weeks ago.  I was up 17 pounds at 25 weeks.  I'm sure it's more now.

Food Cravings: Not anything specific, but I'm hungry all the time.  Basically, if I see something I want it.  Lately, it's been BBQ chips.

Food Aversions: None.  Thank goodness.

Movements:   All. the. time.  I'm not sure if he's more active than the girls were, but he's constantly reminding me that he's in there.  I love it!  His kicks are strong enough to be seen on the outside, but not so strong that they're uncomfortable.  Not yet anyway.

Sleep:  I am awake every two hours throughout the night.  Some nights it is more often than that.

Clothing: Maternity clothes all the time.  I really don't want to buy anything new since this is my last baby.  However, I have already grown out of several of my shirts and a few pairs of jeans.  

Other Pregnancy Symptoms:  Where do I even start.  I'm trying hard not to complain about how I'm feeling lately and instead remember that this is the last time that I will be feeling this way.  So here goes.  Everything makes me tired these days.  I hit a wall almost every morning around 9:00.  I'm out of breath if I have to make more than two trips up and down the stairs (which is impossible not to do in our house).   I have been having some fairly intense Braxton Hicks contracts for several weeks.   I know that this is totally normal, but the're quite uncomfortable.  I didn't have them too bad with Kaitlyn, but they were intense with Madi.  Also, the acid reflux has been bad this pregnancy and it continues to get worse.  Zantac has become my friend.  I also recently discovered that I have three varicose veins on my legs.  These are not my first (I've had a couple minor ones for years), but they are definitely my worst.  I'm not thrilled about them, but hopefully they'll go down a little after baby boy is born.

What I Miss: Sleeping through the night and walking up the stairs without getting winded.

Best Moment: Kaitlyn finally felt him kick!  She has been waiting so long for this and was so excited.  Also, the nursery is no longer purple.  My mom painted it gray with a blue accent wall behind the crib.  I can't wait to start getting it set up.




Follow me on instagram @hklinginsmith for weekly bump dates.

No comments:

Post a Comment