Thursday, December 1, 2016

1st Annual North Pole Breakfast

 Meet Sally
Sally is our Elf on the Shelf.  In 2014, she became a part of our Christmas traditions.  Her first year I did my best to move her every night, but it didn't always happen.  Fortunately, both of the girls were too young to really get into it.  Last year I was determined to move her every night and to be more creative.  While she did move every night, there were many frantic mornings making sure she moved and many of her moves lacked in creativity.   This year I am even more determined to make sure that Sally is in different place every morning.  To help with this, I have prepared a list of ideas to get us through the next 24 days.  Most of them are very simple, but I know that if I don't have a plan, I will never follow through.  Every morning since her arrival, the girls have literally jumped out of bed to look for her.  I so excited to watch their excitement grow as we make our way through the month.

This past Saturday marked the arrival of Sally.  As a special treat, she surprised the girls with our First Annual North Pole Breakfast.  I had a plan for the breakfast in my head for several weeks, but wasn't sure when it would happen.  Since our Thanksgiving plans changed (thanks to a horrible chest cold), I decided that Sally would arrive on the Saturday after Thanksgiving.  I did most of the prep Friday night after the girls finally went to sleep and then set my alarm for 6:45 am to finish up.  I wanted to make sure that everything was perfect before they woke up.  
                                  




Presents first! Sally bought the girls their annual matching Christmas jammies which included a tutu. 




Next, the girls dined on snowman powered donuts, Christmas tree pancakes with sprinkles, marshmallows, and chocolate milk.  




We finished up our morning by reading the Elf on the Shelf book, which explains the elf rules.  

No comments:

Post a Comment