Thursday, August 31, 2017

Kaitlyn's First Day of Kindergarten




The first two weeks of kindergarten are in the books.  While I'm still in shock that she's old enough for school, I am not sad.  Kaitlyn absolutely loved preschool and was so excited to start kindergarten.  (I was almost as excited her.  School = routine)  I know that this will be a great year for her.  She loves to learn and has an amazing teacher who cares a lot for her students. (She called us the first day to let us know that Kaitlyn had a great day.  She even said that Kaitlyn reminds her of herself as a child.)  I am looking forward to watching Kaitlyn grow both academically and emotionally.

I thought it would be fun to ask Kaitlyn a few questions before and after her first day.

Before
What is the name of your school? Kellybrook 
What is your teacher's name? Ummm... What's her name again. (Mrs. Hubbard)
Are you excited? Yes and a little nervous.  
What are you looking forward to the most?  Riding the bus and for you to take me to school on my first day.  (Sadly, she only got to ride the bus for three days since our new house is no longer on a bus route.)
She wanted her nails painted blue.

Waiting in the gym on the first day.  All butterflies were gone.

Inside her classroom


After
Did you like it/ have fun?  I Love it!!! Can't wait to go back.  I liked preschool, but I LOVE kindergarten!
We're any of your friends from preschool in your class? Just one.  Caeden and Gunner are in a different class.  I don't know who their teacher is.
What was the best part? Ummm....there were too many things.  I loved riding the bus home today.  We had gym and library. 

Thank you Mrs. Hubbard for sending us this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment