Wednesday, April 19, 2017

7 Months Pregnant with Baby K #3

Easter is over, which means that we have officially celebrated our last holiday as a family of four.  It also means that we will be meeting this little guy in just two short months.  Some days, nine weeks seems like an eternity and then others it seems like the blink of an eye.  Before we know it school will be over for Kaitlyn and David and it will be baby month.  
I'm starting to feel a little more ready about meeting our baby boy.  My pre baby check list is getting smaller and I finally found someone to help out with daycare once he's here.  This is a HUGE relief!  It was a little harder than I thought it would be to find a teenager willing to help and I was starting to get a little worried.


How Far Along: 31 weeks and 2 days

Size of Baby: Pineapple

Gender:  Boy!!

Weight Gain:  I was up 19 pounds at my last appointment, but haven't stepped on a scale since then.  The battery in our scale in dead.  My guess is that I've gained about 23 pounds.  I'll find out next Wednesday at my appointment.

Food Cravings: BBQ chips.  I hate to admit this, but I've been eating almost a bag a week for the last several weeks.  I've also wanted barbecue food, which I almost never want.  David is enjoying this craving and hopes that it continues once baby boy is here.

Food Aversions: None

Movements: He is almost always moving, especially after I eat, in the evening, and at bedtime.  His movements are getting much stronger and are slightly uncomfortable at times.  Both of the girls and several of the daycare kids have felt him move.  David finds it kind of creepy, so he doesn't like to feel him.  He was the same way with the girls.  I finally convinced him to feel him a couple weeks ago.

Sleep: I am still waking up every couple of hours, sometimes every hour throughout the night.  Most nights I have to get up and walk around due to back pain, round ligament pain, or acid reflux.

Other Pregnancy Symptoms:  My energy has taken a dive.  Everything makes me tired.  It doesn't help that I'm not sleeping well.  I still have terrible acid reflux all day and night.  Lately, my back and legs have started to ache.

What I Miss:  Sleeping through the night, walking up the stairs without getting winded, and feeling normal after eating.

Best Moment:  Watch the girls get excited about Easter

Worst Moment:  Realizing that I couldn't make the trip to my dad's house a couple weeks ago.  I was really looking forward to seeing everyone and the girls have been begging to go to their house.  I can no longer ride in the car for very long without becoming uncomfortable.  That paired with my lack of energy and not sleeping well made me realize that I will be staying in town for the remainder of this pregnancy.

What I'm Looking Forward To:  My mom and mother in law are throwing me a baby shower at the end of the month.  The girls and I are excited for it.  I'm also looking forward to finishing the nursery.  It is really starting to come together.





No comments:

Post a Comment