Thursday, November 17, 2016

Just A Few Confessions

1) I can't relax when the house is messy.  I can tolerate the floors not being vacuumed or swept, but I cannot stand clutter.  The worst areas for me are the kitchen and living room.  To help reduce my stress, I try to pick up the living room and kitchen every night before going to bed.  The girls hate that I make them put all of their stuff away, but I love waking up to a clean, clutter free house.  

2) I hate bedtime!  There is always some kind of struggle.  The girls seem to think that this is the perfect time to watch another show, wrestle with daddy, hide in the closet, or decide that they finally want to eat their dinner.  They also have this terrible habit of insisting that I sit in the hallway until they are asleep.  Some nights they fall asleep quickly, but most nights I have to sit there way too long.  By the time they're finally asleep and I get to relax or get myself ready for bed, I feel like I have just completed a marathon.  

3) I used to be great about sending thank you notes, but for the last couple of years I can't seem to get them done.  Please forgive me if you don't get one.  I have the best of intentions.  Hopefully, I get better at this as the kids get older.

4) I don't enjoy working out.  I do, however, love the way I look and feel after I've worked out.  I have to force myself to workout, but I know that I have to because I have a bit of a sweet tooth.  I'm very fortunate that I have found a quick workout plan that I can do in 30 minutes or less during nap time or first thing in the morning.

5) I have a hard time buying clothes for my self especially if it's something trendy.  I love outfits when I see them on people, but I can't envision them together when they're on the rack.  I have just recently discovered that if I look online I can see what the clothes look like on someone.  This has been a lifesaver and has resulted in a few recent purchases.  

6) I get a thrill out of saving money.  I'm a tad bit frugal and love finding a deal.  I just recently tried jet.com after seeing so many commercials about it.  I really did save money and it was delivered to my doorstep within two days.  I also, just recently tired Walmart pick up.  This service might not have saved me any money on the things we needed, but it did prevent me from making any impulse purchases.  I can definitely see myself using this free service once baby #3 arrives.  There are also several money saving apps that I frequently use.  Ibotta, SavingStar, Checkout 51, Target cartwheel, and Walmart's savings catcher.  Most of these apps only work on instore purchases.

There you have it.  You now know a few more things about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment