Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Halloween 2016

At the beginning of the year, Madi told me that she wanted to be Cruella DeVil and that she wanted Katilyn to be a dalmatian.  I did what most mom's do and searched Pinterest for costume ideas.  When it came time to start making her costume, I thought that I should make sure that she still wanted to be Cruella.  Boy am I glad that I did because even though she was dead set on Cruella for months, she had now changed her mind.  She wanted to be Dorothy Gale and since I love themed sibling costumes, I suggested that Kaitlyn be someone from the Wizard of Oz too.  She picked Glenda the Good Witch.  I tried convincing Madi to go at the Wicked Witch because I thought it would be cute to have a good witch and bad witch, but she was set on Dorothy.  She did suggest that I dress as the witch and it's hard to argue with someone so cute.  Madi also asked David to dress as the scarecrow or a flying monkey and her grandparents to dress up as munchkins.  Here are a few pictures of there costumes.


Glenda the Good Witch, Wicked Witch of the West, and Dorothy Gale






As usual, we went trick or treating in our neighborhood with Grandma Kathy and Papa Dave.  The girls had a blast and we couldn't have asked for better weather.  In my 34 years of trick or treating, I can't remember ever being able to go without even a jacket.  It was an absolutely beautiful night.  The only thing that would have made it better would have been if had were a Friday or Saturday night. By 8:00 the girls were pretty tired (we had a very busy weekend with Staci's wedding) and they didn't want to get out of wagon. We hit up a couple more houses (if they were sitting in the driveway) on the way back to the house and called it a night.  Another Halloween is in the books and I can't wait until next year when we have another little one to add to mix.


No comments:

Post a Comment