Saturday, September 3, 2016

Madi's Ariel Birthday

For Madi's first two birthday parties, I chose the theme.  I tried to pick something that I thought would be cute (1st birthday -Minnie Mouse) or something she was into (2nd birthday - Sofia the First).  This year was the first year that she told me what she wanted.  She chose Ariel, just like Kaitlyn did when she turned three.  We also let her decide where she wanted to have her party.  Surprisingly, she chose to have it at home.  All she asked for was a pinata, to play on her waterslide, and an Ariel cake.  Unfortunately, the weather did not cooperate with us and we were only able to fulfill two of her three requests.  Despite the rain, I think it's safe to say the she thoroughly enjoyed her party.

When Kaitlyn had her Ariel birthday party, I made her a mermaid cake that had Ariel sticking out of the top.  Even though it was a cute and fairly simple cake, I did not want to make the same one for Madi.  
I searched pinterest and obsessed over finding the perfect cake.  I found several that I really liked, but most of them seemed to be above my ability.  I finally picked one, but when I went to make it something went wrong.  I bought a tip that I thought would create a ribbon effect, but it didn't.  What it did make was a horrible looking cake.  I've made a lot of cakes and this was by far the ugliest cake I had ever made.  I did so fast thinking (the party was in two hours) and came up with solution. I think the finished product turned out pretty.  Most importantly, Madi loved it!

Madi's 3rd birthday cake.  Quite possibly the best tasting cake I've ever made.
Chocolate cupcakes for our chocolate lovers.
Octopus French onion dip
Madi couldn't wait to open presents.  She asked to open them every time some new arrived.  When it was finally time to open them, I think she was more excited about the actual opening of the presents than she was with what was inside.  I did however manage to get some good smiles out of her with most of her presents.  After the party was over she couldn't wait to take everything out of the package.

She is so excited to start ballet and tap this week with Kaitlyn.


After gifts, it was time for the pinata.  It started to rain the moment that we decided to bust open the pinata so we improvised and did it in the house.  Instead opening it the traditional way, we used the pull strings at the bottom.  It wasn't quite as exciting to watch this way, but it was definitely safer and the kids still had fun.

She made sure that every piece of candy was picked up.


And finally, it was cake and ice cream time.  She was ready to blow out her candle, but bless her heart she just couldn't do it.  She eventually had to have help from Daddy. 


Happy 3rd Birthday Madelyn Rose!  I hope you had a great birthday.  We love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment